Microwise provides general management services using experienced and trained staff in relation to:
- Provision of ‘acting’ or locum senior staff including the General Manager.
- General advice and support across the broad council requirements.
Microwise has professional engineering staff who provide:
- Subdivision and development engineering assessment and inspection.
- Road design advice and assessment.
Development and regulatory services
The range of services provided by Microwise includes:
- Management support including peer review, procedures, delegations, legal proceedings.
- Building Permit Authority administration and training, compliance.
- Plumbing Permit Authority administration, assessment, inspection and compliance.
- Animal control and registration system management.
- Property Wise ‘Reg Apps’ operational support.
- Statutory and strategic planning.
- Council meeting preparation and attendance.
- Planning Appeals Tribunal and Commission preparation and attendance.
Microwise ensures councils are up to date with the full range of human resources requirements including:
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Develop new or existing position descriptions.
- Recruitment services, job design and position profiling.
- Interview panel facilitation, contracts and employee handbooks.
- Review of organisational behaviour.
- Review and update OH&S policies and procedures.
Community health and environmental health services
Microwise has staff experienced in:
- Immunisation management and administration.
- Health inspection and advice.
With the complexity of changes to industrial relations laws, Microwise provides:
- Advice on current industrial relations law.
- Industrial Relations Commission appeal preparation and attendance.
Communication and public consultation
Maintaining strong communication with stakeholders is important in any organisation. Microwise can:
- Develop communication infrastructure strategies to create a ‘virtual office’ further enabling Microwise to assist other councils in the remote management of responsibilities such as accounting, legal services, payroll, rates collection, planning and regulatory services.
- Develop community consultation programs and strategies to assist in managing public issues and communicating council policies.
- Develop and implement community communication and public information programs.