Accounting, payroll and accounts management
Microwise staff have extensive experience in the following:
- General ledger and bank account reconciliations.
- BAS (Business Activity Statements).
- Payroll – timesheet input, bank file preparation, report generation, on-costs and plant hire journals, workers compensation claims, superannuation, termination payments, payroll tax returns.
- Monthly and other reports.
- FBT returns.
- Insurance and risk management.
- Rates –
- Prepare alternative rating structures and estimates for consideration, prior to raising yearly rates.
- Create new rating items and options and apply to relevant properties.
- Raise yearly rates and export file for printing notices, or print in-house.
- Valuation management –
- Load new or supplementary valuations.
- Process supplementary valuations and issue supplementary rates notices.
- Process Rate Remissions on Rates and import/export Rate Remission data.
- Changes of ownership registered at Titles.
- Process export lists.
- Create Private Schemes, raise instalments and print instalment notices.
- Debt recovery –
- Review outstanding debts and follow up with initial contact in the form of letters and or phone calls and possible lodgement with debt collection agency, as per Council’s preferred procedure/policy/legislation.
- Payment arrangements – review and follow-up as per Council’s preferred procedure/policy.
- Direct debit payments –
- Create an agreement and application form to suit Council and assist with advertising eg: flier or newsletter to ratepayers.
- Create table extracts from Propertywise database for any Propertywise applications eg: for rates – KPI collection, rateable properties by classification and breakdown of rateable properties by year by classification.
- Set up General Manager’s Roll – enter individual data to Property Associates and create an extract for the Electoral Commission ready for elections.
- Split properties waiting for separate valuation – after C/Ts are issued, create new properties for the purpose of charging services, issue letters with supplementary rates notices.
- Review exempt and partially exempt properties in view of changes to legislation allowing for rating of such properties. Follow up with letters and supplementary rates notices for any rateable properties.
- Rural addressing.
Financial strategy, planning and reporting
To assist in councils’ financial management strategies and reporting, Microwise can assist in developing:
- Annual financial statements.
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports.
- ABS (Australian Bureau of Statics) reporting.
- Investment management policies.